Did you know that Google assesses around 200 factors through its algorithms in order to rank any website? This can only prove one thing; internet marketing is super important for your business website these days.
As a digital marketing company in India, we also provide social media optimization services to our customers. There have been many times when the customers but unaware of the importance and benefits that the services can bring to their business. However, after acquiring our services and looking at the results in the search engines like Google, they have come to realize that it has helped their business in quantities that they did not ever imagine.
This is why we are bringing this block to you which Will tell you five ways to create an SEO-friendly site structure!
Before we jump into that conversation, it is important for you to know the cruciality of SEO for a site structure.
Regardless of the amount of effort that you are putting in, it may result in nothing if there is no proper site structure. This is why it becomes vital to keep your website structure to the fore in order to win the search engine optimization game. Here are a few points for you to have a look at, which will explain to you, the importance of having a great site structure:
Improvement in site crawlability: if you are reading the term site crawlability for the first time then here’s your chance to learn something new. It basically means how will a search engine will be able to access as well as crawl your website content without getting run into a dead or broken link. If you improve this aspect of your website then it becomes elementary for search engines to rank you at the top.
Gaining of site links: site links offer great SEO value to websites. They also enhance the navigability of the website and improve the online brand reputation of that business. Having a robust website structure will increase the probability of receiving site links.
Improvement in user experience: it is obvious that with a clear website structure the users would want to stay on your website. This means that their engagement with your products and services increases and that eventually decreases your bounce rate. When the users increase their time on your website the search engine gets the indication that the user is finding the content relevant based on the keyword search. This is a great opportunity of getting the website indexed at the top of the search engine results.
Now that you know the benefits of creating a great website structure let’s have a look at how you’ll be doing the same:
- Taking into account the hierarchy: if you start by building your website from scratch, it becomes very important to plan the structure of your website in advance. At the top of the hierarchy, you should be labeling the main page of the website. At the second level of this same hierarchy, you could mention the important pages of the website. In this way, you should have about 2 to 7 categories.
- Maximizing the internal links: there are some great reasons for including a proper site structure. When you create internal links the site structure prompts the end users in the right direction, your information gets organized for your end users, and the ranking power of your website increases in the search engine results. We have seen the benefits of this many times while providing digital marketing and social media optimization services.
- Developing a URL structure that matches the hierarchy: it is imperative for you to ensure that the URL structure of your website is one that matches the hierarchy of your site. One of the greatest ways of creating an SEO-friendly website structure is by defining the categories first and then going on to define the subcategories and further defining the products or services. With the use of a URL structure, you will be able to include target keywords and improve the visibility of your website.
- Building the website’s navigation in HTML or CSS: most content managers, as well as digital marketing executives out there, have found that it is easy to drag and drop the functionalities within their CMS for publication purposes. However, the downside to this is that the drag-and-drop functionality offers a limited set of features. Due to this, it becomes a good idea to leverage simple coding through HTML or CSS.
- Developing the shallow depth of navigation site structure: you will find that one of the most challenging elements for content marketers while creating an SEO-friendly website structure is the shallowness of the website. Basically, you should know that two or just a few clicks from your end users would ensure that they are taking the desired actions.
These are some of the great ways of creating an SEO-friendly website structure. If you think you cannot do these steps on your own then you can definitely go for consultation as well as SEO services from professionals.
If you do seek the help of professionals make sure that you see how many businesses have they help with their services. You can do so simply by asking them for testimonials or visiting the website for which they have provided SEO services. This way you will be able to first-handedly see what kind of website structures would they be making for your business and will it work for the benefit of your business or not.