As the provider of search engine optimization services, we are well aware of its power. If you are someone who is looking into using voice search optimization techniques for optimization, then you have landed on the right blog post!
As voice search is growing more popular, it is becoming very important to make sure that a website is optimized for this type of search. In this blog, we will be showing you how to optimize your site for voice search. We will be covering the basics of what you need to know, as well as some tips that will majorly help in getting you started.
Before we get into any of this, you need to know what Voice Search Optimization is!
The voice search optimization process refers to the upgrading as well as streamlining of the information that exists on your pages in order to appear in voice searches. This process aims at optimizing your page for answering all the questions for people when they conduct any verbal searches. The voice search optimization process allows one to have a chance to get their page read by the voice search device. These devices may include Alexa, Siri, or OkGoogle. This happens whenever the user asks for information related to your page.
Now, if you’re thinking that there are hardly any people out there conducting verbal searches, these statistics will force you to think again.
- About 58% of the customers are using voice search for finding information online about a local business, according to the search engine journal.
- Google shows that about 27% of the online Google population uses voice search on their mobiles
- Another analysis from Google shows that around 52% of smart speaker owners are keeping their devices in a common space, for example, their living room. About 25% of people keep these devices in the bedroom, and about 22% of them keep the speaker in the kitchen.
- You’ll be shocked to know that about 75% of voice search results are ranking in the top three positions when it comes to a particular question on a desktop search
- In fact, there are about 60% of people claim that their smart devices are essential to their lives
- Out of all the Windows 10 desktop searches, 25% were made by voice
- Lastly, there have been around 56% of voice searches for searching something on the internet.
These are some pretty big numbers. This is exactly why using voice search optimization techniques to start optimizing your website is so crucial for your business.
So, the question is, what can you really do in order to make your website more and more voice search friendly? Well, as the provider of SEO services in Mumbai, here are a few expert tips:
- Making sure that the website is mobile-friendly: The number of people who are using voice search on their mobile devices is increasing day by day. Therefore, it has become essential that your website stays responsive and is easy to navigate on smaller screens for the ease of the users.
- Using long-tail keywords in your website’s content: When it comes to voice search, it is specifically good at answering particular questions. Hence, the use of long-tail keywords will highly help in targeting those kinds of queries.
- Make sure your content is accurate as well as up-to-date: Results often being inaccurate is one of the main complaints when it comes to voice search. In order to avoid this kind of situation, making sure your website’s content is accurate and up-to-date is very imperative.
Now, let’s answer the bigger question! How to conduct voice search optimization?
Make keyword research a part of your voice search optimization process!
Here’s what Google does; it relies on featured snippets as well as knowledge graphs in order to answer the voice queries of the users. We all know that the intent behind voice search is for the users to be able to get quick as well as immediate results. This is exactly why voice search devices keep trying to give instant results using rich snippets as well as knowledge graphs. Remember, having a high domain rating is absolutely imperative.
Now, let’s understand what this really means.
1. What are featured snippets?
Simply put, these are short answers to the user’s question, extracted by Google from pages already ranked on the first page. This gives them a brief description while enhancing user experience. They are positioned above the organic results. They can be in the form of tables, paragraphs, bullets, numbers, graphs, charts, images, carousels, YouTube videos, etc.
Now, if you have a page that is optimized for featured snippets, that will be a clear indication of your web page being able to answer the user’s question. According to various reports, rich-featured snippets get an 8% click-through rate approximately. This is why there is a chance of a high CTR.
2. What is a knowledge graph?
The Google knowledge graph refers to this gigantic database of information allowing Google to provide quick as well as accurate information to any of the user’s queries. The data for the knowledge graph is collected from many different sources. These may include sources that are publicly accessible or even sources that are privately licensed.
Since the knowledge graph is meant to answer most of the queries generated by the users, Google is always looking at the pre-existing knowledge graph in order to answer the voice search. This, however, causes a reduction in the organic click-through rate.
In conclusion, the new challenge has become how to leverage this crazy behavioral change amongst the searchers. As we all that people are increasingly using voice search for finding information on the internet, and we can assume that this trend is only going to continue. Therefore it has become crucial to optimize your website by using voice search optimization techniques.
If you are still not sure how to do this all by yourself, you can always hire an SEO company in India– INFOCRATS.